Like most organizations, Canopy put measures in place to protect our staff, tenants, volunteers and members of the public from the spread of Covid-19. The following measures remain in place:
- – Staff are available by phone/email Monday to Friday 9.30am – 4.30pm
- – Our office at 66 Burley Lodge Road is open Monday to Thursday 10am to 3pm
- – Our Harehills office is now closed
- – Our site volunteering programme is operational, although there are fewer people on each site.
- – We are aiming to launch additional sites later in the year to allow more people to volunteer with us.
- – If you have contact details for the member of staff you usually deal with, please contact them directly. If you do not know their details, please use the following:
|Out-of-hours emergencies||01757 244445|
|Tenant support||07956 152596|
Equality Scheme and Action Plan
Canopy’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Group have recently reviewed our Equality Scheme and Action Plan. The review recognised a number of successes such as recruiting more diverse Board Members and a Mental Health First Aider, preparing a gender pay gap report, producing anti-harassment and dignity at work policies, delivering hate crime training, drawing volunteers from diverse backgrounds (including a high proportion of women), staff members learning British Sign Language, making our offices more accessible and producing Esiread communications.
However, there is still plenty for us to do, such as improving the data we hold about the people we work with, improving our domestic violence policy and procedures, offering paid traineeships, expanding our office opening times, recruiting more diverse Board Members and delivering more training to our staff and Board around Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Our 2022 Equality Scheme and Action Plan can be downloaded here: